Health & Safety Policy
|The personal safety, health and well being of each employee at Drader Manufacturing are considered to be one of our most important responsibilities. Our safety objective is to educate each employee through an ongoing safety program and provide the necessary information regarding safety standards.
We are committed to achieving our goals of providing excellent quality, efficient service and creating an injury free workplace. By promoting safety awareness our aim is to protect our employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Every level of employment, including management is responsible and accountable for the company’s safety initiatives. Management will provide a health and safety program, evaluate hazards, establish safe work practices, supply the proper protective equipment and required training. Complete and active cooperation by everyone, everyday and in every job is necessary to uphold these standards.
We believe that with wholehearted support and cooperation of management and employees, we can achieve our safety goals and maintain our safety standards.
|Edmonton plant has worked
without a lost time accident.The best previous record was 2,724 days.
Brampton plant has worked
without a lost time accident.
Some components of our safety program include:
- A commitment to appropriate PPE in all areas of the plant
- In-depth hazard assessments and controls for each task are reviewed before completing each task
- The right for every employee to refuse unsafe work
- A program of proper maintenance for all tools and equipment
- Daily toolbox meetings involving all shifts addressing health and safety issues
- Monthly plant-wide worksite inspections to identify potential risks and possible improvements
- Filing of First Aid Record Forms, Near Misses and Accident Investigations to help understand threats and lead to preventative action
Partners in Injury Reduction (COR)
Drader Manufacturing is also proud to be a part of the Partners in Injury Reduction program, which is operated together by the Workers Compensation Board of Alberta and Alberta Employment and Immigration. We have our Certificate of Recognition (COR) from Manufacturer’s Health and Safety which is awarded only to employers who have developed a health and safety program which meets established standards. We are proud of our best yet score on our most recent external audit.